My Little StarCrawlers

Post your fanart, music, let's plays and more here!

My Little StarCrawlers

Postby EMPBomber » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:27 pm

It has been quite some time since this sub-forum has seen any action. So here is my newly completed work, My Little StarCrawlers.

I was quite determined to get this done before this weekend because of a huge convention I am attending, and here I am finishing it late at night. Oh well, practice for the game dev world :mrgreen:.

Always be yourself... Unless you can be a unicorn, always be a unicorn.
EMPBomber
Prototype

Re: My Little StarCrawlers

Postby matthewfarmery » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:59 pm

looks awesome, I love the stare of the black one, wondering one evil thoughts might be going through his mind when he posed for that?

but awesome work, the image looks great, how long did it take you to complete it?
matthewfarmery
Engineer

Postby Dablue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:05 am

lol, man eventho I am not a Broni.. that is kind of awesome...
Dablue
StarCrawler

Postby Dreamhunter » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:55 am

Serious question...can we get this big enough to be a desktop wallpaper?

Also followed you on DA. This really made Rocky and my morning. Can't wait til the others see. :D
<3 Tony aka Xaldan aka ThunderMuffins aka DreamHunter
Lead Environment Artist @ Juggernaut Games
Dreamhunter
Dev

Postby Aelyria » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:37 pm

This made everyone's week! Love the art, the ship names, the quotes, everything. Fantastic job EMPBomber :)

It's impossible to pick my favorite Pony Crawler! (Although Rainbow Dash is pretty awesome)
Aelyria
Dev

Postby SteveAdamo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:46 pm

wow, well done!!! the pull to Bronie conversion is strong... must resist!! :D
SteveAdamo
Site Admin

Postby Thunderflux » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:36 am

We've been working on SC nose-to-the-grindstone and it's easy to get lost in the project - awesome art like this is a breath of fresh air to keep us going!! Tony's not exaggerating when he says you made our mornings :D
Thunderflux
Dev

Postby matthewfarmery » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:17 am

is there any chance we can see this ingame somewhere? full scale wall painting or something? I think this deserves to be ingame somewhere, if all the parties aggree of course, and full credit given :D
matthewfarmery
Engineer

Postby EMPBomber » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:46 am

Being away from internet access was slightly annoying, but the trip was worth it.

matthewfarmery wrote:but awesome work, the image looks great, how long did it take you to complete it?

About 2-3 months, but I thought up the idea in May after I made my profile image. College is fun...

Dablue wrote:lol, man eventho I am not a Broni.. that is kind of awesome...

And you don't need to be. Like my high school band teacher said, you don't need to be a fan of a music genre to appreciate a well played song.

Dreamhunter wrote:Serious question...can we get this big enough to be a desktop wallpaper?

Also followed you on DA. This really made Rocky and my morning. Can't wait til the others see. :D

I plan to when I make a vector Stella Marin background. The current one above is 1280x720 because I took a quick screenshot of the game for the background to make it finished, but I will make a larger wallpaper version. And thanks for the follow. :D

Aelyria wrote:This made everyone's week! Love the art, the ship names, the quotes, everything. Fantastic job EMPBomber :)

It's impossible to pick my favorite Pony Crawler! (Although Rainbow Dash is pretty awesome)

This was fun to do, glad you enjoy it! And she is a favorite (Just be careful when asking a group who their favorites are. Nothing bad will happen, but it sometimes start a debate). :lol:

SteveAdamo wrote:wow, well done!!! the pull to Bronie conversion is strong... must resist!! :D

Don't worry, we don't force anyone in, but the fandom is one of the most unique out there. In fact, there is a group of psychologists who began studying Bronies, and they are breaking as many barriers in their field as the fandom does (They were panelists at the convention :D). The results are pretty interesting. http://www.bronystudy.com/

Thunderflux wrote:We've been working on SC nose-to-the-grindstone and it's easy to get lost in the project - awesome art like this is a breath of fresh air to keep us going!! Tony's not exaggerating when he says you made our mornings :D

I've heard many stories of this from many artists. It really is the community that keeps developers strong.

matthewfarmery wrote:is there any chance we can see this ingame somewhere? full scale wall painting or something? I think this deserves to be ingame somewhere, if all the parties aggree of course, and full credit given :D

Sounds fun, but we will need to bring that up with Hasbrotm too. They usually allow for work such as this, but some fan animations have been taken down for being too "show accurate."
EMPBomber
Prototype

Postby EMPBomber » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:12 am

Update: Wallpaper version. Now with 20% more space goodness and a Plop!

Next I plan to make a StarCrawlers specific digital painting. Not sure what I'm going to have in it yet, maybe infiltrating a corporate structure, something showing them outside the Stella Marin.

EMPBomber
Prototype

Next

Return to Fan Media